Speed Bag Benefits
- Rhythm & Timing
- Upper Body Fitness
- Hand Speed & Power
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Targeting & Self Defense
- Creative Rhythmic Expression
Speed Bag Equipment
- Speed Bag
- Hand Protection
- Beginners need to focus on stance, position and swing movements.
Do not try to hit the bag hard. Work Control rather than Speed.
- Advanced users can start working on techniques and Combinations
from all round the bag. Hit only as hard as can maintain control.
Techniques and Combinations
- Techniques are created by Joining Fists & Elbows with only one rebound
in between the parts. Can also be a Single Fist or Elbow contact.
- There are 24 Techniques from all around the bag.
- Combinations occur when the bag rebounds two or more times
before it is hit again by a fist or elbow.
- There are hundreds of combinations from all around the bag
Speed Bag Rhythms
- Basic Rhythm = Triplet
- Double Punching
- Double Bounce
- Fist Rolling
- The Speed Bag is perfect for Martial Arts Training
- It can be used for Hand techniques, Elbow Strikes and Kicking
- Distance training, moving up back and sides. Adusting your distance....
Speed Bag Video Demonstrations
by Alan Kahn